Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There is no Ice in Iceland, or My Freezer

So, while this may appear as though I have written two blog entries in the same day, in reality, that is not the case. Truth be told, I have been writing blog style journal entries in my computers word processing program for quite some time with the intent of eventually publishing them on the internet. Then last night I decided to do it after watching some seriously messed up people on youtube.com and thinking to myself how being a sketchy person like that used to make me feel AMAZING! Of course, being that way was years of ADHD medication and psychotherapy ago. To be completely honest, I would really rather be that person than the “well adjusted” and miserable person I tend to be today. Thank you society for making me “normal”

In other news, if you are unaware the economy sucks right now. There should not be a point where you have to take college education off of your resume to make yourself more competitive in the job market. Yet that seems to be the case.

So, I would also like to discuss a company that for the sake of possible litigation shall remain nameless. Let just call them Fears and Bobuck Company. This company operates a division solely devoted to repairs and parts for the stuff that they sell. This in theory is a fantastic advantage for the do-it-yourselfer types such as myself. The theory is that, I buy a hypothetical appliance, for this example we shall say a refrigerator, from Fears and Bobuck Company, sold under their hypothetical brand name… um… Spendmore. Now while we all know that this Spendmore refrigerator is actually manufactured by a company that for the sake of this hypothetical senerio shall be called Aquatic-Vortex, we still buy this appliance at a premium knowing that we have a huge company like Fears and Bobuck Company to stand behind their “brand name” appliances with both support AND parts. Logically one would deduce that said Spendmore refrigerators parts would be available from Fears and Bobuck Company’s very own parts stores… THAT is where you would be wrong. If your Spendmore brand refrigerator breaks a $10 plastic automatic ice cube flipper-outer rod, Fears and Bobuck Company’s parts store must “order” the $10 plastic automatic ice cube flipper-outer rod and then charge you $8 to get the $10 plastic automatic ice cube flipper-outer rod shipped to you in 7-10 business days. Okay, I am not sure how many of you, if any have ever worked in shipping before, but in case you were unaware, average transit times for a certain tan (because they actually have another similar color trademarked) colored shipper range from 1-6 days across the entire united states, including Puerto Rico, Hawaii, AND Alaska… So, lets say that Fears and Bobuck Company’s parts distribution center is in Alaska, that way they can get their ANC perks. (look ANCs up if you don’t know what I’m talking about), This leaves between 1 and 4 days for the Fears & Bobuck company employee to pick up the $10 plastic automatic ice cube flipper-outer rod, put it in a box, and slap a tan colored shipping company label on it (that I would like to note would likely cost way less than $8 for a company the size of Fears and Bobuck). You’ve got to be kidding me! HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO LIVE WITHOUT ICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment