Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Pronoun Hangover

So, in an update for today, I have been feeling like absolute crud this week. Apparently a lot of it has to do with a ramble of butchered pronouns and such. Unfortunately for me, Marie’s (My girlfriend who I now feel is allowed to be named specifically in my blog despite me having her permission for months.) best friend is struggling to let go of the old me, and while I know it is harder for some people than others, it is now starting to trip up Marie as well. THAT really gets to me in a hurry. I know they are both trying hard, and I am not mad at either of them, it’s just a real emotional drain.

In other news, I suffered one of the worst hangovers in recallable history yesterday. Even though I didn’t drink in excess as I have in the past, apparently the culmination of emotional and physical stress manifested in the form of a REDICULUS hangover. It has been a really long time since I spent an entire day avoiding getting out of bed because I felt that crummy. In fact, I feel as though I am not entirely over it at the moment as just the act of sitting here is starting to make me nauseous and develop a but of a headache. BLAH!

As an update, I have been working on material for my VLOG project. I believe that I am up to three crummy videos at the moment. I really hope to get them up soon, and maybe stir up some readers for this side of it all. I know I am not much to look at, however, I think that is pretty much what I have going for me, just a real person going through a real transition without being “gifted” in any sort of way other than an awesome and somewhat confident personality!

Also, I am seriously considering adding some artistic content to both my BLOG and VLOG, what do you think? I have been digging through my pictures lately, and seriously considering building a professional portfolio of my other artwork. lol not that I have any prospects or talent, but I can pretend, AND since I don’t have any tattoos, I have to have some other angle to boost my hipster trendy appeal.

On a slightly more serious note, I am really missing my friends back home. I wish you guys were here….

Oh yeah! Last Friday I got my very first DC parking ticket. Apparently, you have to be five (5) feet away from an alley or driveway. Now, where that is measured to and from is apparently a completely arbitrary point derived through a complex series of proprietary algorithms passed down from one parking enforcement officer to another in a ritual performed deep in the bowels of the Metro and involving the sacrifice of babies and SmartTrip cards…… At any rate, it was only a $20 ticket, so I at least feel lucky in that respect, I guess…. I could have been towed, and THAT would have sucked hardcore…. I guess it was just my welcome to f*ckin DC card…

So yeah, next Tuesday is the next DCTC meeting, I really hope that it is slightly more productive for me and them this time than last time. I really need to read up on their news feeds via their website to see what is happening in real life…. It is quite discouraging to go to meetings and not feel involved at all…. Good times though…

Finally, I just wanted to take a moment to offer some encouragement to others like myself out there. I know that sometimes it seems as if nothing is going to work out no matter how hard you try. It is important to remember that things only work out if you DO try. I often find myself laying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about everything looming over my head in transition, all of those barriers and road blocks at every turn, and all of that just seems daunting. Somehow, if I manage to get myself out of bed, something always happens to get me one step closer to that destination, albeit it is often small and seemingly insignificant when looking at the big picture, it is progress none the less. Just remember that every step, no matter how small it may be is one step further away from where you were, it may be in a direction that you didn’t intend, but sometimes the path in life does not follow the most convenient, logical, and efficient route, but always has the possibility of ending up where you want to be. All you have to do is keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment