Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last Dance With Mary Jane Through District 6 and Part of 3

So, while I am still avoiding the serious blog post, I figured that I would write yet another diversionary blog posting about something unrelated.

Today, I had an interview for a job… FINALLY! Unfortunately, I took my college degree off of my resume as to not be “overqualified” for something I am vastly overqualified to do. However, since I have been unemployed for seven months, I will be grateful, and do my best at anything at this point. That being said, lets all keep our fingers crossed, for that to come through or something even better.

In other news, prop 19 didn’t pass in California… I heard a lot of people were going to vote for it, and then they got high. Hey just kiddin, stoners are cool with me. It however is going to take more than a bunch of stoners to change public perception of marijuana. The unfortunate stigma ironically has a lot to do with one particular California industry. Yes the movie industry loves a good stoner flick, and well the public likes to believe that all who smoke are of the Cheech and Chong variety. On the other hand, if you really wanted to make some headway, get North Dakota to try similar legislation, or even Alaska. Both states have fairly small populations in respect to their land area, which would make enforcement for the fed cost prohibitive, AND you only have to convince a few thousand people that already smoke pot that pot should be legalized. Just saying, it would be a good political strategy…

In other political news, Florida is flush with new crooked politicians following the election, not that we had a whole lot of great people to select from in the first place. Something positive that we DID gain was amendments that specify how political districts shall be formed so that we don’t end up with the crooks drawing districts to encompass a particular demographic so that their re-election bids will be more successful. In case you were not aware, in Florida it is not uncommon for cities to have multiple congressional districts that split up areas of specific demographics. Lets take Marion county for example, on the west side of the county which has a high concentration of African Americans and Hispanics, shares the same district as all but the Southeastern corner of Alachua county, which happens to be the liberal Mecca called UF, and extends all the way into the Southeastern corner of Jacksonville. So, if you are keeping track, we have made a district in the shape of a “ < “. But even that is a normal shape compared to districts 8 and 24...

Aside from all of that stuff, nothing else new to report. I am feeling a touch of the flu coming on, so if you get some fuzzy sounding blogs for a few days, give me a break, I am doing the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment